Pat Fowler and Walt McBride arrived at our house in their RV at 5:30 this morning. By 5:45 am we were on the road, after saying our good-byes to Doja and Susan. We powered through 4 states today: California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah. Our only stop was in Primm, Nevada (Stateline) for a little food, fuel and gambling.
Oh, they rued the day I walked through the door of Whiskey Petes. I hit a big jackpot of $52! Okay, for all you big high rollers out there I know that's not a big deal. But, the highest I EVER bet is $.25. Thats 25 cents, not $25.00. The big win was done on a nickel machine, so that's not a bad ROI. Pat won $5, Bob broke even, and Walt was down a little so we all feel we won.
Our overnight stop was at the Elks Lodge (naturally) in Cedar City, Utah. Cedar City appears to be "Red State country" where the only language spoken is English. We had a few drinks at the Elks Lodge, where a beautiful gold-plated 22 rifle was being raffled off. The general consensus was that Sarah Palin could certainly handle it.
We enjoyed beautiful weather passing through the Mojave desert and red rock country, although we had to by-pass Bryce and Zion. We are trying to get through the Western states quickly to get to Omaha so see the kids by Friday...and then on to the East Coast.

No comments:
Post a Comment